Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dinner with the Future Friend

I have an almost friend. We decided a while back that we really should be friends... since we have over 20 facebook friends in common (and even some real-life friends). So tonight she came over for dinner. I didn't really think that was weird till it was nearly time... we've only really talked in person twice before at different events of mutual friends.

It was a fun evening!  It was really cool to find out more about her heart for orphans and the steps she is taking to make her amazing dreams become reality. I really admire the determination and heart (I know I already used that word...but this isn't school report writing so I can do what I want...) she has for changing the face of adoption in Australia. Oh I just remembered I posted about her once before... click here.


It was cool to be in the company of someone 10 years older and 10 9 years younger than me.
Even though Little Jill (my flatmate) wrecked our 19, 29, 39 pattern (since she is actually 20 not 19). pfft. I love that all 3 of us are at different points in our lives, with different dreams and goals and such, but we were still able to connect (over burritos & barbarians). It was a good night!

I think I should have 'future friends' over for dinner more often!

No comments: