Monday, August 15, 2011

Less than 4 months to go.

So. This time in 4 months I will be in... oh the time difference is too confusing, but I think San Francisco.

While the actual Canada bit of my Canada adventure has slipped to not quite the back of my mind (... it is easier to not think about it while I wait to hear back from the nanny agency. Gah! I hate the waiting game), everything else is in full swing...

The adventure in LA with my sister for a week is all booked! We even looked at youtube clips of all the rides we want to go on at Disneyland. Can't wait! In the 7 days we are going to San Fran, Yosemite, Solvang, Stanford, Hollywood, Santa Monica & Disneyland! Woohoo! (I think I may just have to ignore the jetlag...there will be no time for such things)

On the home side... there are about a BILLION things you need to organise if you own a house, a car and a cat and are planning on living overseas for a year. I've written a '4 months to go' plan & have started with clearing out my cute spare-room (this month I also need to 'update ipod','get job', 'pay rates' 'email john' 'write rental plan' and 'get skinnier'...easy). So far I've filled 4 boxes. Boy I have a lot of stuff. I'm hoping my flat-mate & her friends will rent my house *furnished* so I don't have to completely move out.

It is a weird feeling going from a life where I have everything, to having 22kg of 'stuff' & being paid minimum wages. Not that it's anything close to poverty. I mean I will still have everything I need and abundantly more, AND amazing opportunities to see a gorgeous part of the world and meet new people! It's just weird. that's all.

Weird. But I can't wait!


2 comments:

Mindy said...

I had never heard of Slovang before. I had to google it to see what/where you were referring to...looks interesting!

Do you already have more people slated to move into your home once you leave?

Kaye said...

I found out I have a distant relative who works in Solvang, so it's pretty cool that I'll get to meet her on my way to San Francisco! (our tour actually stops there for 1.5hrs) It looks like a cute town.

Hopefully my current flatmate and some friends are going to rent my house while I'm gone... that would be handy if it works out :-)