Tuesday, August 23, 2011

1 Timothy 4:12

Today I was reminded AGAIN that I have the best job in the world! I am so blessed to get to work with such amazing kids!

Ok, so you may remember my girl who rescued the cats... well today I found out, from her dad, that this gorgeous girl has been saving up her pocket money and yesterday went to Koorong and bought a white (I'm not sure why white, but this was an important detail apparently) Bible for... Julia Gillard.

Our Prime Minister!

Beautiful K buddled up this Bible with a letter that she handwrote, explaining who she was and the difference God has made in her life since she asked him into her heart as a five year old (a mere five years ago), and posted this off to Parliament House for our atheist Prime Minister.

I was so close to tears hearing about this gesture! I don't think I have ever met a ten year old who cares so much about the welfare, including the spiritual welfare, of others as much as this girl!  I am blown away by the way she refuses to let being young get in the way of making a difference, whether this is saving cats, championing the cause of orphans or telling the Prime Minister that she needs Jesus! I learn so much from my kids!

No comments: