Monday, August 22, 2011

My Crazy Kids

Wow this term is flying by so fast! Only 4 weeks and 4 days till the holidays! eek! (and only 3 weeks and 2 days till we sleep over at the Zoo! Yay! Yay! Yay!)

Today my kids had an extra dose of crazy. It probably didn't help that my roll-marking question this morning was "what do you like to eat cheese with?" mmm cheese. I had 16 cheese lovers, 2 cheese haters and 8 absent kids today...hmm. I think we may need to have a cheese party soon. 

My favourite parent note today said:
Dear Miss F,
L will need some assistance locating the following things he has misplaced at school:
-hat
-jacket
-vest
-blue folder
-bus pass
-green drink-bottle
Thank you.

So basically...everything!
hmm (we didn't actually have any luck finding any of these things, it's even a whole class project now, with rewards and everything!)

My favourite quote of the day, when we were talking about farms...
Boy 1: But sheep don't even wash!
Boy 2: Why do you care, you only have slippers!

later on...
Boy 2: But camels aren't even real!

What?! Hmmm we may have a bit of work to do on animals this term.

My favourite teaching moment today was during Literacy. As my group was reading a girl noticed that 'agitated' fitted in the 'g says j before e, i or y' rule that we're focusing on this week. So I wrote it up on the board, while I was there another child called out "Oh 'gypsy' fits in the rule too and 'gentle'!"
A third boy called out "don't be such a genius J!"
"That's right 'genius' fits too!" Hehe, perfect timing! I love fun moments in my classroom!

No comments: