Friday, April 29, 2011

Where are we?

It is so good to be back in the classroom with my kids! They are so fun, encouraging & inspiring. They almost made me forget about the billions of paperwork I had to do these holidays... almost. hmm.

Today I gave them a pre-test to see what they already 'know' about space before we start our unit next week. I love seeing how they see things. Here are some of my favourite responses:

"Mars - in Earth there is a chocolate called Mars Bar."

"The sun gives us heart. Black clouds give us rain. Satilight give us power. The moon shines at night."

"Stars are yellow. Stars are a star shape. Stars can be more than others. They are bright. They float."

"We can live on earth, the moon & other planets. But we would die because there's no air."

"When a cloud goes over the moon it is called a eclips."

And my favourite....
"The sun is probably the hottest place on earth. You wouldent be able to touch or even get close enough to the sun to be even two metres away from it. Cause you would melt, that's how hot it it."

No comments: