Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Seuss Week!

Tomorrow is the opening night of our school performance - Seussical! The kids have been practising since mid-last year & are super excited!
Today was our first rehearsal at the Performing Arts Centre & tomorrow is a whole day, full dress, make-up and everything rehearsal! eek! Everything is coming together really well! I can't wait!

This afternoon, after the 'Eggs cast' rehearsal, I did some cooking with my kids. Oh so fun! We made these cute cookies. 
I got the idea off this site http://www.thesitsgirls.com/2011/03/fun-for-kids-play-with-playdough/
(ours didn't turn out quite as pretty as the originals, but they were still fun). We made them for the teachers who have put alot of work into the musical and made little encouraging notes (which the kids covered in my scratch and sniff stickers, no I actually mean covered... my colleagues could probably scratch and sniff for the rest of the year and still have stickers they haven't touched!). It was such a fun afternoon, oh I love my class! I am not really sure how I'm going to go back to normal lessons next week... I think we'll miss the Seussical rehearsals, weird thrown-together classes, wearing cute costumes at school , doing strange jobs &  making biscuits on a Tuesday afternoon.

Other fun things of this week:
- I found my testamur and transcript!!! woo hoo! But then i kept looking, because one thing that really annoys me is when people say "It's always in the last place you look", well duh! you don't (normally) keep looking after you find what you were looking for.
Incase you're wondering it was in my garage on the top shelf of the bookcase under my stamp collections from when I was a kid... (of course!)

- This cute frog can to visit me while I was sewing the other night... he was covered in fluff, so I had to wash him (eeek just remembered I need to do laundry) & pull all the fluff off him.

- I went shopping with my cute little friend Hayden (who of course is sideways...). He developed quite a strong little crush for a little girl while we were shopping. it was so cute! He chased her down the aisle (as fast as his new crawl could carry him) & pulled at her pink gumboots. She in turn offered him a smartie. mawww!


Anyway I really need to do last weekend's laundry or i shall have nothing to wear to Seussical!

No comments: