Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The day I broke a nail.

This morning as I lifted some boxes out of my car my left thumb nail broke.
It didn't hurt & it's really only about 2mm shorter... but I realised today how important that thumb nail is! I didn't realise how often I use my left thumb nail. While I was make-upping the Whos and Bird Girls I had to get other people to open the compacts, my right hand just wasn't up to the task. Similarily when I was helping some little girls get their shoes back on after the show, it became apparent that I have only ever trained my left thumb to undo double knots. I miss it! Oh dear!

Something that I am reminded of every time part of my body breaks is the importance of little bit playing it's part! (even thumbnails) As I walked through the theatre tonight I was amazed at all the different things that were happening. There is no way one person could wrap their head around every detail of everything that was happening in that theatre - from costumes, props & choreography, right down to what shade of foundation each bird girl needs, where the safety pins are for Lucy's dress & who is taking Jessica home after the show. Seriously there were so many things! I was overwhelmed when I thought about it!

Tonight was Opening Night. The kids were sooooooooooooo excited. I was amazed, not just at the performers (though they were soooooooooooooo good!), but also at the awesome demonstration of Christian Community - everyone playing their part to contribute to the big picture... just like my thumb nail... sort of.

I love my job! Can't wait to do two more shows tomorrow (my parents are even coming to watch)!

No comments: