Sunday, March 6, 2011

drained

Sooo the last few weeks have been INSANE... and the next two aren't going to be a whole lot easier.

It is only ten days till our College Musical - Seussical Junior. So everything has been in full swing to get that sorted. I have 2 main roles (make-up and photos), but I have also been working on choreography, props, ordering things, logistics, logisitics, logisitics, crazy lists that took days to sort out, collating notes, fielding parent emails...oh and the normal teaching, lunch duties etc. Add in a K-4 disco (which was my job to organise), programs due date, a horrible parent email (followed by a horrible scene with a student) & leading staff devotions and you have my last 5 days!
I was actually in bed by 5pm on Thursday.
It was one of those weeks that drained me physically, emotionally and spiritually.
I have realised a few things about myself this week.
The biggest is probably that I am actually super selfish. um...yes it's taken me this long.
I realised that as I took on extra jobs it wasn't necessarily just to help people out, but also because I felt like I could do them better than someone else could. I hate that my head thinks like that! How prideful! I'm sort of glad that I reached breaking point. I really needed to realise how unhealthy that view is.
I have really been loving/been challenged by James 3 this week. The first verse is pretty scary - 'Not many of you should presume to be teachers...' the responsibility is huge, and I don't feel like I've been living up to this calling lately.
Verse 2 'We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect...' was of great comfort when I got the horrible parent email. It was all over a miscommunication and I felt sooo yuck. I also used this verse in my class devotions this week. It sparked some great conversations.
Verse 9 is one of those verses that gets me everytime 'With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness.'
And verses 13-14 really challenged me about humility. Soooo need to work on that one.

I'm so grateful for God's grace and goodness and also for amazing friends.

Hmm sorry, this isn't a super fun post.
I'll post a funner one next.

No comments: