Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Another day at the office...in silent movie mode

Today was 'hush-a-thon'. The kids at school all got sponsored to not speak during class time for the whole day! It was sooooo quiet! and also really fun watching the kids come up with different ways of communicating without speaking... one girl tried telepathy - she just came and stood in front of me and shrugged...not a super successful method. One of my favourites was a note saying "how do you spell lukzurius?" (luxurious for those who can't read phonic kid spelling). One boy just wrote 'yes, no, okay, alright, I can do that for you & what am I meant to be doing' on a page & just pointed, that pretty much covered everything he needed to say for the day. I love my job! My kids are so great to work with!

1 comment:

My name is Cait said...

I had to do a devotion on prayer for the Ladies Craft Group at church this morning and guess what?! I used this story as my opening to talk about how important communication is ... so thanks!