Monday, October 24, 2011

I Accidentally Called it a Project

I may have mentioned my class' love of 'projects' before... I realised last term that if I called anything a 'project' my class works super hard and gets so excited about researching and presenting what they learn.
So this afternoon I brought a simple research task down for our 'fairtrade' unit. They just needed to use the computers to find the answers to 5 questions and colour a map to represent their finidings. I figured they could get this done this afternoon...
But then I was thrown the excited "is this a PROJECTTT!!!!!!!!!!!???" and when I should have said "No, sorry, this is just this afternoon's work," instead I got caught up in the hype and agreed with them. So now the afternoon task is a week-long task with presentations on Friday afternoon. This means there will be Powerpoints, posters and maybe even a dramatic performance. Oh, what have I done? haha

Also, this week we are auditioning for our SUPER... performance - for the main roles. Some kids have even asked if they can bring in props for the audition. I can't wait to see what they come up with!

Also Also, it's only 50 days till I go! eeeeek!

Also Also Also, my beautiful friend had a baby girl last Friday. I got to meet her on Saturday. Sooooo cute! Oh I could hold a sleeping baby forever...I know that isn't possible cos of how babies don't sleep forever, maybe I could hold a series of babies on rotation when they are sleeping...although that may make the teaching thing tricky...hmm I haven't thought this through. I'll keep you posted if I come up with a solution.

No comments: