Sunday, October 16, 2011

Condensed

Moving out of your own home is a funny experience.
Today I spent a few hours cleaning out the spare room (or "Louise's room") because the 2nd of the four girls who are living here next year is moving in on Thursday.

My house is not super big. It's not small either, but it's just not enormous. So moving all the stuff out of the spare room left me with conundrum of where to put such things... while that 1 particular room is now super tidy...the rest of my house is not.

I have a mega pile, by the door, of junk to give my kids (haha their parents are going to looooove me!), another pile of things to return to people (ummm), another pile of rubbish that I should've taken out, but forgot to, and a pile of 1 yellow raincoat. Does anyone else have things they can't stand to touch? My dad gave me that raincoat and it's super cute, but touching it gives me the heebie jeebies and the sound of it... (I can't accurately put into words my whole body's reaction to that sound...I really need to stop telling people this though, because usually statements like that get followed with "what? this sound?" Arrrgh!)

My bedroom has also acquired a whole bunch of stuff... mostly toys and games which are being stored for the next 15 months in the toppest cupboards of my room. However, I had the dilemma this afternoon of what to do with the Christmas tree. I technically won't be in the country for Christmas so I did just pack it into the back of the cupboard, BUT I am hosting family Christmas breakfast on December 10th... and everyone knows you need a tree for such things. So there's no point storing it if I just have to get it out real soon again hey. At the moment it is just laying on my bedroom floor... I think I'll probably put it up by the end of the week. My ipod concurs.. it started playing carols when I suggested the fact this afternoon.

Other things I only just thought about about (hehe) having a 3rd person living in my house:
- 3 girls, 1 bathroom...hmm
- I need to clear her some bathroom shelf space...where will I put those things?
- She will also need some kitchen pantry space hey (the fridge will be fine once we throw out the out of date stuff)...hmm I might have to give up my 'party shelf'
- I may need to meet her at some point

In summary... my house is slowly becoming less 'kaye' (lucky we painted it, so it won't lose me completely :) ) and my bedroom is rapidly becoming more crowded... thing is I need to move out of here too. hmm.

In other news:
I took up mouthwash this week... and I am not a fan. it buuuurns! I wish it was strawberry flavoured. why do tooth things all have to be flavoured mint?
This term is going to go so fast.
I downloaded a count-down app today...eeek 58 days!
My new favourite Boost Juice is strawberries and cream.
Last night I minded Hayden, he is so fun. He even poked me in the eye with a toothbrush. haha
We have a gala day on thursday! Woohoo!
OOOOooooh and I got to hang with baby Annaleise on Thursday. She is so small and snuggly! sooo cute!

The end.




1 comment:

Leah said...

Hmm did my comment work