Friday, December 3, 2010

I Suddenly Forgot!

Today was Cleaning Up the Classroom, Practicing for Presentation Night & Rehearsing for Seussical Day. Arrrgh! My patience was worn so thin.

I think my whole class left their listening ears at home. Oh so many repetitions of instructions, even the simple ones..."Put this in your bag. Did you put that note in your bag? Why is it on my desk? Why can I see your note on the floor? Where should your note be? I told you to put that straight in your bag." etc.

My favourite, but at the same time most frustrating, point of the day was when some girls from the other Year 3 class came and said "we found these test tubes near the sink, are they yours?" I had sent 2 girls out to wash them 2 hours earlier...
"So M, when I sent you to wash those before recess, what happened?"
"Well, I was washing them. Then N was helping me. And then suddenly I forgot." (such a hilarious picture in my mind of her mid-scrubbing bing! "What was I doing again?")
That pretty much sums up the way most of my kids were thinking today. So exhausting.

But... I got to hold my boss' beautiful, sweet smelling, sleeping baby at our work party tonight, which made everything better!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

you can tell it's the end of the school year! :)