Monday, February 7, 2011

Saturday.


Ok, this will be quick because I have a million things to do. 
But I just had to share Saturday. 
I'm pretty sure it was the hottest day we've had here ever. (according to some websites this week has broken heaps of records... even one that was 150 years old). Saturday was ridiculous. 
I went to a wedding on a beach. The sand burnt my feet, but  the ceremony was under a cliff so it wasn't too bad. Actually it was really beautiful! Nice, sweet ceremony!
The reception however... there was no air-con. We were right near the kitchen. We were hot.

I love this photo. (that's my sister in the back)
We spent so much of the night fanning ourselves with spoons and mopping our sweat with napkins. gross!
At 11:30pm, after the wedding we went for a wade in the waves. It was still 36 degrees (97'F).
It was a lovely wedding! but I'm pretty sure it will also be remembered for being disgustingly hot.

Also Saturday killed my class pet. Our little axolotl, who has survived 6 years of being poked and prodded and forgotten and over-loved did not survive being boiled in his own tank. Of course I didn't find him till this morning, which made for a smelly (dry retching, bloated-floating, decaying type smelly) start to the week.

Oh and also someone tried to burn down our school on Saturday.

That's all. How was your Saturday?

1 comment:

Mindy said...

was it God who tried to burn, I mean melt, down your school? :)