Sunday, June 19, 2011

A night by the fire

Last night I went to a bonfire to celebrate my friend's 50th. I love that I have friends that are 50.
It was such a fun night - the weather was absolutely (freezing but) perfect. Which was amazing after the 2 weeks of almost non-stop rain that we've been having.

The fire was kept going by the kids & kept us warm.. until about 11pm when the cold air won .

Me & the birthday girl. She's so much fun!
(oh and do you like my cute beanie with pink buttons on the ears?)
The fire kept us entertained for hours... we cooked damper, toasted marshmallows (that's a lie... mostly the kids toasted us marshmallows) and roasted potatoes. This is me and another friend from work with our potatoes. We were so proud of our roasting skills & they tasted amazing with butter and brie.

Also, I know you'll be excited to know, I am now a proper grown-up because I have my very own folding chair - with a cupholder! (but I forgot to take a photo of it) It was on special for $6.50 at Big W yesterday. Now I can bring a chair to all those 'bring a chair' events. I found out last night that the next level is 'picnic basket'... I'm looking forward to that one! haha

No comments: